Tuesday, March 30, 2010

The "only" thing left

I have been in a very good place lately (The last week). God seeming to speak a little louder. God saying the same thing to my heart, you must have compassion. Then God giving it to me, supernaturally I think. I am not a compassionate person by nature. I don't think I am a hater, just not a natural lover of people. I have a busy life and just don't always get around to the things I should concerning others.
But this last week God has broken my heart for a few others. It's a good thing. But I am coming to realize the "only" thing I can really do is pray. I can throw a few proof texts someones way. I can hand them a few dollars to get by. I can offer a word of encouragement or condolences. But what is any of that worth? The problems in this world today are bigger than me or my help. The marriages are too far gone. The Prodigals too far from home. The debt too big. The disease too far advanced. I think this is from God also, I need Him to do anything. He is our only hope. We need a supernatural God, a God who does miracles. A God who answers our prayers. We also need a heart that understands God's heart as much as that is possible. I am so thankful to have a God who speaks louder to those of us who are hard of hearing.

No comments:

Post a Comment