Tuesday, February 9, 2010

As iron sharpens iron,

As iron sharpens iron,so one man sharpens another.
I am so thankful that God is letting me see His word being fulfilled in my life.
I am also amazed that we (Men) try it alone so often.
Why?

Why have I reached the better than half point of my life without one really close Christian brother? And worse yet, why have I not really cared about that?
Yet, I know I am not alone in this. I have heard too many men say the exact thing.
I also don't think that most of us know what we mean when we say "close"
What am I looking for or what should I be looking for? I am in a weird spot, God has placed me into a circle. Men who not only say they have close Christian brothers, but they define what that means. Something inside me stirs. I need that. I want that.
It takes a lot of work to be a man. Most of that work involves fixing what I messed up. It will sure be nice to have some help.

1 comment:

  1. I am 1/2 done with my life (37 years) and I am in the same boat. i have a lot of christian acquaintances but no friends that i KNOW or who KNOW me.

    ReplyDelete