Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Revelation part 1

I received a revelation from God today I think. You may think it was just a thought or me coming to my senses, but it was so quick it was weird? I have for awhile now maybe even years felt a calling to do more ministry. Maybe even do it fulltime? I was doing some reading via Google on what that calling might feel like etc.
I even have talked with a couple fulltime Ministers about how they were called into the ministry. I have wondered like many, is God calling me into fulltime ministry? Am I hearing Him correctly? What is the difference between me who works fulltime in a secular field and someone who works fulltime in a ministry related field? I worried that it might be disobedience on my part? Or even self aggrandizement? I just think God wants me out there fulltime? God may be saying, Dave you do enough damage part time ha ha.
A real struggle going on in me that I couldn’t really get a good clear answer in my soul or from others.

Then today in a split second this came to me. Do you really think God would ever get mad at anyone who started doing more for His glory? Do you really think God would say, “hey you need to work more why don’t you take on an extra part time job in a secular field. I want you spending more time making money”. I should be spending more time preparing myself for fulltime ministry. This includes a lot for me. More prayer, more study, more reading and less TV. Getting out of debt so I don’t lose everything I have in a rash move. You see at times I think we think that God would be displeased at anyone who desired to spend the majority of their time in ministry related endeavors. In other words do we need to make sure you have the right calling from God before you serve too much?

No comments:

Post a Comment