Friday, February 5, 2010

No mind has conceived

No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him"but God has revealed it to us by his Spirit. 1 Cor 2:9-10

I was sitting last night at the Casting Crowns concert and I had the thought that this is what Heaven must be like. The crowd was singing and it sounded so good. A sound you can't get on any CD. A sound that only comes when you place thousands of people together. I have
heard this sound many times, at other concerts.

I heard this sound 13 years ago at Stand in the Gap in Washington DC.
Promise Keepers gathered hundreds of thousands of men together, to learn and worship. Hundreds of thousands of men can SING! Even with me in the mix. Last night at the concert this verse came to my mind. I thought to myself, if no mind can conceive of what God has prepared then maybe this is not what Heaven will be like?

This morning I looked at the verse again and realized I had not remembered all the verse. I could have very well been getting just a small glimpse of what Heaven might be like. The part of the verse I forgot was that "God has revealed it to us by his Spirit"
My mind couldn't get it, but my spirit could! Even now God whispers, if you liked that Dave, your going to be blown away for about a million years! Wait until the Angels join in. Wait until men and women from every tribe, tongue and nation join in! Hallelujah! Come quickly Lord Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment