Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Revelation part 2

We never seem to need a loud clear calling from God to buy a new car or boat or home. But to serve more we even get warned by well meaning Christians, “not everyone is called into fulltime ministry”. Really? But seek ye first the Kingdom of God sounds like a priority that is pretty high on the list. I find that so many seem to be called to chasing the American dream of owning a bunch of crap. I took on that calling without much encouragement from God. Why do I fear a slightly foggy calling that says, tell more people about Jesus, do more good. Spend time on what’s important to Me.

So here is the plan. Start preparing like you’re a fulltime minister of the Most High God. You may be a fulltime minister with kids that need fed. Or a fulltime minister with laundry that needs done. You even may be a fulltime minister that must work at a job like tent making to pay some bills. But from here on out I am a fulltime minister, an Ambassador of Christ. I report for duty every day rain or shine. I have been saying to God the wrong things. I have been saying get me out of debt with a lottery win or some other windfall and I am ready. Send me a vision or let me hear a loud voice.

I have been given a vision, a vision of a beloved Son on a Cross. I have been given a revelation that is several hundred pages and 66 books. I have just not been doing what the vision demands and the revelation plainly says. But today for a split second I heard a still small voice and I know what He said.

No comments:

Post a Comment