Thursday, February 18, 2010

God's timing

God's timing is perfect right? We have always heard that. I was saved over 13 years ago. I think that I instantly knew that I was going to run a ministry. Within the 1st year I was calling people at other ministries and seeing about getting involved or partnering with them. How crazy is that, I just got saved and I am thinking God wants me to start a ministry? Maybe just plain arrogance? Sit down and shut up and learn rookie?Nothing happened? I see the wisdom in that so clearly now. I am so different now. Still a work in progress but headed in the right direction I think. I really just let the idea of a ministry go. I got involved in the Church and served. It was 5 years or more and The James Gang Ministry was started at the Church I was a member of. Then at the 10 plus year mark Northland Compassion Ministries was started. A real 501 (c) (3) parachurch ministry and I am so excited with what God is doing in NCM. His timing is perfect. His timing is not what I wanted in my flesh. I had very little choice in this it seemed, I wanted it. God said not now.

I would have so messed up this ministry 10 years ago. I may even mess it up today. But it will at least take longer ha ha. Oh that I could rest in God's timing, His plan for me. I know the plans I have for you.........He tells us. If God has spoken to you, given you a vision, it may be coming later. Don't give up. Let Him prepare you for what He is calling you to. I think it makes sense that the vision comes before the training. Train with the vision in mind. If I had done that I would be a better leader today. The process is as important or maybe more important than the result? The result will be you and me more like Jesus. Then God placing us were He wants us. That's a very good place to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment